The Board of Directors met on Wednesday 16th January and the main matters dealt with were as follows :
- The Board noted the donation of 3 laptops which will be used to support a literacy programme called WriteOn which will feed into the work being done in regard to QQI certification for Levels 3 and 4.
- The completion and launch of the new website was noted and it is hoped that this will prove to be a significant asset to the work of Welcome English
- The Board considered further the work necessary to address the requirements of GDPR and completed an initial review of a Date Protection Statement for the organisation. In regard to other policy documents, the Board also reviewed an attendance Policy document which had been drafted by the Centre Manager , Angela Murphy.
- The Board discussed the Hospitality Value which is part of the set of Values adopted by the organisation and Angela Murphy confirmed that staff and students were also looking at initiatives in this area.
- The Board commenced it’s consideration of the requirements of the Charities Governance Code and had an in depth discussion of the requirements of Principle 1 which is Advancing Charitable Purpose.