List of the Centre's Activities
- The centre offers classes in six levels ranging from Pre beginner to IELTS. The teaching schedule includes classes from Monday to Thursday 10.30 am to 12.30pm and Monday to Thursday 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
- We take one of our classes to the Cork City library every Friday morning, where the students are exposed to literature and a different environment.
- Each session contains a break where tea/coffee and biscuits are available to all. This affords the students an opportunity to interact and share their particular experiences in an informal way if they so wish.
- Students participate in an event run in the City Library as part of World Book Day each April. This has been a very successful event, where students from various countries have an opportunity to demonstrate an aspect of their own culture to the people of Cork.
- The centre has been a participant in the citywide Lifelong Learning Festival in Cork. This affords the students to interact with the general public and vice versa breaking down racial barriers and allowing their many talents to be demonstrated as well as the rich variety of their own cultures.
- On special occasions such as the end of the School year and at Christmas time parties are held in the centre. Food, dance and music from different cultures are shared and enjoyed by all.